Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2018

A Faithful and True Witness: Jesus - High Calling Richest Love

Jesus is remarkable. 


the circus can be captivating




Not just for his life, miracles, teaching, 
or 
The CROSS
RESURRECTION
ASCENSION





He is the
Amen
The Faithful Witness
The True Witness
The Ruler of God's Creation

Revelation 3:14

Jesus is the faithful and true witness of the 
love, hope, faith, trust, worship, 
of serving God. 

He is both the ONE we LOVE
And the ONE who made the Way to LOVE. 

His blood poured out for each of us,
Opened the New and Living Way of 
never ending and forever knowing God.
John 17:3  





Knowing this.  
Having been broken and blessed in his love
on so many occasions, 
I can no longer look at my life,
the World,
my family,
My HOPES, 
my future,
really anything in the world or about the world the same. 

The journey of knowing him and following HIM is treacherous at times. 
As if everything is against the momentum of zeal and favor. 
Yet, we are never separated from his love.  Romans 8:31f















There are many warnings in the Scripture from Jesus about the kind of engagement we are to have with him and the zeal we need to "keep" to walk in him in fullness.  









One of those warnings comes in the book of Revelation.  
The Resurrected and Ascended Jesus speaks to his Bride the Church about 7 key topics.  
One of them is the passionless, drifting church of Laodicea. 

It was a city whose water supply fed from a hot spring. When it reached the city it was lukewarm and not very agreeable to drink.  





These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot.
 I wish you were either one or the other! 
16So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.17

You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

21To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”





There's nothing more difficult in the memory of my walk with Jesus than indecision, passionless involvement in spiritual pursuits and hanging out in the middle.  



Of course there are all kinds of reasons for it.  But the sense of "I've got everything I need" and "I'm doing fine with Jesus" tends to be motivated by other factors.  Being in a church that is content just to be getting there, enjoying a good message and some worship, yet has no motivation to share the Gospel with their city, can slow down the fires of first love and the mission heart of Jesus quickly.  

Yet, without a doubt, the family of faith, just like Israel in the past, can be lulled into a deep middle ground sleep by the wealth so many experience.   That said, I spend time with very poor people on a regular basis, so I find the contrasts of passionless - "yes" focused following of Jesus to be somewhat of a frustration.   Vast stretches of the church have incredible resources and rarely venture out with the Gospel.  It is probably this one simple fact alone that lulls us into a middle ground lukewarm "I'm good" practice of faith.  Lots of physical and monetary resources and little spiritual power, leads to Laodicea.



My two cents...The biggest problem with this reality is we just keep winding back the requirements of the Gospel and of Jesus to accommodate a more Laodicean crowd and call it church.  





Pray?  Why?  What for?  What do we need to pray about?  We are good. We have all we need round here.  












The Laodicean Crowd.....

1. Mixes up world wealth with spiritual honor and reward.  Never heard that one before?  They believe there is more power in money than in the efficacious work of Jesus Christ.  They pride themselves in their achievements of wealth, status and position over that of their real position with the KING of Kings.  

2. Carries a high level of natural perception, energy, "I earned it" reality and an extremely low understanding of spiritual wealth in Christ.  To him they are naked, poor, blind, pitiful.  Huh, sounds confusing.  To them maybe Jesus is poor and needs a hand up?

3. They are content in some kind of spiritual environment that is pitiful, empty and powerless in Christ.   Jesus is making it clear that this is not a state in which he prefers we remain.  So much so, it makes him ill.  Few grasp the weight of his illness and desire to wretch us out of his mouth.  It is weighed against the magnitude of his work on the CROSS, in the RESURRECTION, and the ASCENSION.   Temporal wealth weighed against the spiritual "every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies" reality we have in knowing Jesus and walking in his Kingdom.  

4. This is a description of a real church in John's day.  What about today?  We have 100's of years of layer upon layer of bad teaching, church progression in religious practices, and greater and greater distance from the simplicity of the Gospel, the action of the mission, prayer, and anything spiritual that requires effort, raw commitment and passion for an extended period of time.  The normal is so dialed down and diluted.   Finding the character of Jesus on display in his Church?  That is the goal.  We are called to shine with his character, love, perseverance and hope.  Not chill on endless vacation from the world's realities.  












Chill bro.  Its all good.  Have another burrito. 


Chuck Missler had this to say about the lukewarm church.  (I like what Chuck has added to understanding the word - don't agree with all things, but what is new about that?)
The Lord’s displeasure to Laodicean “lukewarmness” is in stark contrast to a note that was found in the room of an anonymous African martyr:7

I’m part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I’m a disciple of His.
I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I’m finished with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colourless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.


I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience, lift by prayer, and labour by power. My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way rough, my companions few, my guide reliable, my mission clear.


I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.


I won’t give up, shut up, or let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and preached up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. And when He comes for His own, He will have no problems recognizing me—my banner will be clear!

Friday, March 29, 2013


The Church in the End Times -Dr. Chuck Missler

by Dr. Chuck Missler

All things told, it can be very challenging to live like this statement suggests.  

Even more so, if the church you are part of has no witness that is faithful to this kind of life in Christ.  Yet, truth told, Jesus is all that and more.  To know him is to attain his resurrection life 
"and the fellowship of his sufferings" Phil 3:10

The Laodicean church knew little of these sufferings.  Maybe they were like the Rich Young Ruler, just packaged up as a church?  


I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.


There is no buying from Jesus, so what could he mean by such a statement?  Its a wake up invitation. A brand new invitation to come out on the Way with Jesus.  To let that Way refine us in obedience and love.  To let the following of Jesus become the refining of our lives in his grace, mercy and love.  

There is really only one thing to do when we discover we are passionless, in the middle, addicted to wealth and natural and "normal" living in this world and culture.  REPENT. 




Agree with Jesus.  Turn around and walk in a whole new direction.  



"Oh, take me back. To the beginning. When I was young. Running through the fields with you."  United Pursuit.  
https://youtu.be/bvsAV-MgGao 
Step out of the flow of the world you live in and rest in this song.  
Remember?  
This Jesus you gave your heart to? 
This joy.  A joy that overwhelmed you so deeply you were shaken to your core.  
You said, "I will"  "I will follow you Jesus"  
You gave him your life.  He gladly received you. 

Run out from the pitiful, naked, blind, place. 
Let him open your eyes afresh.  Brand new sight. 
See again. 
Get back to the Gold of your life, knowing Jesus. 

RUN AGAIN.  WITH HIM.  




Read some more....  



Church and the Fires of Faith.

You know. Does it cause you to go somewhere?

https://jeffreynoldsonedesire.blogspot.com/2018/05/church-and-fires-of-faith.html



Love for God Is A Never Ending Open Country - An Undivided Heart - Wholly Devoted - a place to follow not hide.

https://jeffreynoldsonedesire.blogspot.com/2014/03/love-for-god-is-never-ending-open.html


Undivided - Undaunted - Unhindered HEART after GOD

Love the Lord your God with all your HEART.

https://jeffreynoldsonedesire.blogspot.com/2017/02/undivided-undaunted-unhindered-heart.html


Never be lacking in zeal. Need Some Revival? To Hear God? Dial Into A New Frequency and Remember the Lord's Character

https://jeffreynoldsonedesire.blogspot.com/2014/07/never-be-lacking-in-zeal-need-some.html


Jezebel Spirit? Has the World, as Fundamentally presented in Scripture, Changed Since the Time of Jesus?



Get your Hopes UP
Get your desire for HIM awake. 
Never settle for a 
Divided
Daunted
Hindered 
HEART.  
YOU were made for something so much more amazing and free!

Some paths you can take once you step into the Sun!
Be with HIM. 
Be sent by HIM. 

These two simple foundations create a motion and reality in your walking in the Spirit that is constant and effective.  The Kingdom will begin to move in and through you by faith on a daily basis.  You will not only do great things in the power of the Spirit but you will be full of the great love of God that is steadfast and immovable.  

Get these two foundations in prayer!  
How's your 24?  
How's your prayer walk?  
Sowing into prayer is the greatest avenue for consistent joy in Jesus than any other thing out there.   

Take a new step into the depths and riches of knowing Jesus.  Pray. 

Start today.  5 mins listening to or reading the Scripture and Psalm 27:14 wait for the Lord. 
Grab some time and steal away with Jesus.  
He is remarkable to be around.  
You will tap into the grace of God.
The Father sent Jesus to restore us to him and he is longing to know us in Christ.  (John 17:3) 


1. 10 Keys to Praying with Power
http://jeffreynoldsonedesire.blogspot.com/2014/11/10-keys-to-praying-with-power-moving.html

2. 10 Keys to Sustaining Supernatural Life 
 http://jeffreynoldsonedesire.blogspot.com/2014/12/10-keys-to-sustaining-life-in.html

3. Why is the Prayer House Empty? 
http://jeffreynoldsonedesire.blogspot.com/2014/11/why-is-prayer-house-empty-or-is-it.html

4. Intimacy with Jesus Beyond Religion? 


Feedback?  Ideas?  


I would love to dialogue with you. 


Share your comments.  




2017  
Transfiguration! 


Look forward, eyes filled with Abundance, Boundless, Victorious vision in Jesus.  

 Get a copy of my Prophetic Review 2016 - Salvation's Mountain Erupting with Open Doors, Shifts and Invitation.   Encouragement, focus, wisdom and insight into the prophetic seasons of the new year.  
www.jeffreynoldsministries.com 




Thanks for Reading!   



I love your comments. Ideas and thoughts.
Please share em.
Re-shares are great. thank U.

The dialogue is awesome.  Thank you. Testimonies?  Share em with me.   

Re-Shares lov em.  Thank you! With much love in Jesus 

You can do this thing!  He's got you. 




Jeff Reynolds   --- 

Brother Jeff

Jeff Reynolds Sr. Leader Capstone Christian 



No comments: