Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Follow Like Bali.

Follow - the Leader. 


Kids say it all the time.  
Often as adults we forget.  It is a simple and freeing skill.
It's core to discipleship.  
Jesus said, "Follow Me".  
Somehow we don't have a real practical way of doing this.  
Or do we? 



When you are in a strange land and dependent on your host to get home....you follow intently. 



Focused on Following - Not the local gods
The Spirit helped me remember this in Bali.  
After a long day of travel and ministry, we were riding back to our homestay. 
Our host took us many places that day, each of us riding a scooter.  We lined out along the road side, one after another, for a hundred yards.  
By this time we were proficient at riding and at staying out of trouble.  
For the most part not making any ourselves.  

By the time we turned back and headed for home it was dark.  No moon. Just city lights, cars, shop lights and scooters. 

That wouldn't normally be a problem.  
But, tonight the light on my road bike was out.  
After an hour or so at the repair shop, my rented scooter was handed back without repair.  The internal parts were missing.  
I was riding home in the dark, no headlight, for about an hour or more, in a strange land. 


I focused on following.  


Following my mates close for protection and light.  
Following eyes fixed on the rider in front of me.  
Focused on not creating a problem or having one run into me...  


followed intently. 



If separated from the group, the trek home could span the night. 

Close to the man in front, borrowing his light, I stayed right on his rear tire.
That's about all I could see anyway. 


As we traveled along...
The Holy Spirit asked me, "What do you see?".  
First thought. Odd question.  

It was night in the city. 

I saw all kinds of people all kinds things going on around me. 

"What do you see?"  

Most important.  I see the scooter in front of me.  The one I am following. 
It's my eyes and ears and my way home. 

The last time the Spirit asked me what I saw I was in Japan. 

That's another awesome story.
But what I saw there was the work of the Spirit without my glasses.
They broke the night before. 

Riding along intently focused on following, I began reflecting on what the Holy Spirit was pointing out to me. 

I realized how simple this faith walk can be. 

The yoke of Jesus is easy because we follow him. 
He provides all we need.  He carries the load.  
We find shelter in trust and rest in Him. 
He leads us to green pastures and quit waters. 
Promises run out in front of us and fill up his character with steadfast love. 
He is the the Good Shepherd.  

I've followed Jesus in a literal sense all my life.  Walking in the Spirit, he leads me to the will of the Father.  



Scootering through the night in Bali with my eyes fixed on the man in front of me, this simple skill of discipleship landed deep in my understanding.  

Then, the group passed through a large and busy intersection.  

Just as the man in front of me went through the light changed.  
About 20-25 scooters all burst out into the intersection. 
I had to make a choice.  
Go through the group with my light out and risk them hitting me or turn left and go on up the road to a safe spot to turn around.   
I chose to turn.  
This led me away from the group.  Out of following the man in front of me. 


Praise God, My good friend Daniel was riding behind me.  

Making sure my light situation did not go sideways.  He saw me make the turn.  He started yelling after me.  He could see the whole situation.  I was heading off in the wrong direction.  Dividing from the group and going off to who knows where.  

The group went on.  He and I went left.  

I Praise God for him coming after me.  Yelling.  I could hear him through my helmet and the noise of the city.  Making sure I didn't continue off as the lost sheep who steered off from the group.  The guy who got lost at night in Bali.  


Sometimes the choices we feel we have to make lead us off and away from the group, from following intently.  Of course this can lead us into all kinds of trouble and difficulty.  Traveling in 2's makes all the difference.  


Daniel cried out.  I heard him.  He followed me up the road to a safe spot.  We talked about what happened and where I needed to go.  I crossed the road and got back on the groups trail.  They too discovered I was not following anymore.  They were parked on the side of the road waiting for us.  


When we pulled up onto the jungle path about 500 years from home, I was totally relieved.  


When I looked back at my friend in Christ following behind me, I worshipped.  


What did I see?   

The simplicity of walking in the Spirit. 
The joy of walking with people in the way. 
The peace of knowing that the Lord was watching out for me as I followed him.  
He had my back and clearly would lead me in the Way. 
I saw the simplicity and freedom, the light burden of following Jesus.  
The amazing workings of the Lord in his mission of love for the world.

I keep seeing the wisdom of the simple lesson. 



Follow Like Bali.  





















Be with HIM.
Be sent by HIM. 

These two simple foundations create a motion and reality in your walking in the Spirit that is constant and effective.  The Kingdom will begin to move in and through you by faith on a daily basis.  You will not only do great things in the power of the Spirit but you will be full of the great love of God that is steadfast and immovable.  

Get these two foundations in prayer!  

How's your 24?  
How's your prayer walk?  
Sowing into prayer is the greatest avenue for consistent joy in Jesus than any other thing out there.   

Take a new step into the depths and riches of knowing Jesus.  Pray. 

Start today.  5 mins listening to or reading the Scripture and Psalm 27:14 wait for the Lord. 
Grab some time and steal away with Jesus.  
He is remarkable to be around.  
You will tap into the grace of God.
The Father sent Jesus to restore us to him and he is longing to know us in Christ.  (John 17:3) 


1. 10 Keys to Praying with Power
http://jeffreynoldsonedesire.blogspot.com/2014/11/10-keys-to-praying-with-power-moving.html

2. 10 Keys to Sustaining Supernatural Life 
 http://jeffreynoldsonedesire.blogspot.com/2014/12/10-keys-to-sustaining-life-in.html

3. Why is the Prayer House Empty? 
http://jeffreynoldsonedesire.blogspot.com/2014/11/why-is-prayer-house-empty-or-is-it.html

4. Intimacy with Jesus Beyond Religion? 


Feedback?  Ideas?  


I would love to dialogue with you. 


Share your comments.  




2017  
Transfiguration! 


Look forward, eyes filled with Abundance, Boundless, Victorious vision in Jesus.  

 Get a copy of my Prophetic Review 2016 - Salvation's Mountain Erupting with Open Doors, Shifts and Invitation.   Encouragement, focus, wisdom and insight into the prophetic seasons of the new year.  
www.jeffreynoldsministries.com 




Thanks for Reading!   



I love your comments. Ideas and thoughts.
Please share em.
Re-shares are great. thank U.

The dialogue is awesome.  Thank you. Testimonies?  Share em with me.   

Re-Shares lov em.  Thank you! With much love in Jesus 

You can do this thing!  He's got you. 




Jeff Reynolds   --- 

Brother Jeff

Jeff Reynolds Sr. Leader Capstone Christian Fellowship jeff@jeffreynoldsministries.comjreynolds@mycapstone.org

No comments: