Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

What is Happening When God Feelings Go Away?

It happens to everyone. 

The smallest details are under his care
The God feelings go away.  
Granted, only for a season.  But clearly long enough to get us worried. 
As a new believer I remember wondering what happened. 

Questions flooded my mind. 
Did I do something wrong and God took off?
Did I dream this whole thing up?  
Is God mad at me? 
Where did He go?  Did he go somewhere? 


Feeling God, while amazing and deeply moving, is not the pinnacle of knowing him. 


Remarkable things start happening when we shift from knowing we are in the presence by how we feel to knowing we are in the presence by faith.


Presence when we feel it = very limited time when God is with us, that is when we feel it.
We may feel it at church.  Or in a prayer time.  But these feelings come and go. 
This is a single dimension of knowing God.
Limited understanding always keeps us short of the depths and riches in knowing him.


 A story for illustration. 
Ministry and the Holy Spirit only when we feel it? 
In Japan years ago I had a crisis.  My only pair of glasses broke.  They melted in a Japanese bath.  The problem was I had a number of meetings to lead and preach in and I could not see people's faces more than three rows out.   All my sense abilities for recognizing "God being present" were gone and my feelings were not real easy going as you might guess.  I went for it and did the meetings with limited visual sight.  We had amazing meetings with the power of the Spirit and all the typical things we were experiencing on the mission!   The Holy Spirit showed me that I did not need a feeling, sight or anything to walk with him and do what Jesus was doing.  
This experience changed my life and perspective.


The proof of God being present is not in our feelings. 
God is present as an ever expanding reality in and through us daily.   
The Kingdom signs witness to his presence. 


Here are some Scriptures to help lay a foundation.

Christ in you the hope of Glory - Colossians 1:27
Jesus lives in us.  We literally carry his presence everywhere we go.

The Holy Spirit lives in us.  Ezekiel 36:26-27; I Cor 3:16
The power of the Spirit is in us through Jesus.  

We have the mind of Jesus.  1 Corinthians 2:16
We can learn to know God like the Lord Jesus, in fullness and with a much deeper degree of understanding.  


Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.   Matthew 28:20
The promise of the Lord Jesus is to be with us always.  Definitely not just when we feel him.  The door stands open for us to learn what the Lord is like on a much wider scale than our feeling alone. 


God's intention is to be near us, with us.  He walked with Adam and Eve in the Garden.  In the end (Revelation 21) we will forever be with him and see him as he is;  face to face seeing Jesus the way he sees us now.  The conclusion of the story gives us insight into the present.  We can know God by grace through faith.  We can pursue him with zeal and intention.  He desires to be with us.  He responds to our desire to be with him.  I learned that God loves me too much to let me just know him when I feel him. 


Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.  Rev 3:20


He is already completely in touch with us.  
Way more than we are in touch with anyone we love.  
Way more than we are in touch we the people we love the most. 

He Knows the hairs of your head. 
He Knows the words on your lips before they leave. 
He Knows the days of our lives.
He Sees us clearly in all circumstances. 
 Psalm 139






We also have the The Kingdom signs as witness to his presence. 
When the Kingdom is present....
There will be love.  It is the first fruit of the Holy Spirit.  Gal 5:22
There will be deliverance and people getting free of demonic captivity.  
There will be healing.  People with get well in the presence of God. 
The presence of God is witnessed to in Worship.  

Walking in the Spirit is an all the time reality. 
Never ceasing.  Always remarkable.  
God's presence is with us.  

So, don't limit your understanding of God's presence to when you feel him. 
Let the Scripture build in you a steadfast faith in his presence. 
Learn to see him as you learn the Word and all the ways God speaks and connects with us.
Don't limit it to times when you are in prayer.  

Learn to walk with God in the same way as when you are praying!


Don't limit it to when you are at church or worshiping. 
Let thankfulness and praise fill up your day and see his Kingdom!



DON'T LIMIT GOD'S PRESENCE at ALL.  
HE never leaves us or forsakes us.  

 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

9If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

11If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”

12even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
Psalms 139:7-12



Learn to see him all day.  Learn to see him in everything.  


Unless you become as little children
You will not see the Kingdom of Heaven. 



2016  
Transfiguration! 

Look forward, eyes filled with Abundance, Boundless, Victorious vision in Jesus.  

  Get a copy of my Prophetic Review 2016 - Salvation's Mountain Erupting with Open Doors, Shifts and Invitation.    
Encouragement, focus, wisdom and insight into the prophetic seasons of the new year.  
www.jeffreynoldsministries.com 

 

Thanks for Reading!   


I love your comments. Ideas and thoughts.  
Please share em.
Re-shares are great. thank U.


Here are some other blogs posts that may interest you.  

1.http://jeffreynoldsonedesire.blogspot.com/2015/01/7-things-enemy-devil-doesnt-want-you-to.html
 



The dialogue is awesome.  Thank you. Testimonies?  Share em with me.  Re-Shares lov em.  Thank you! With much love in Jesus 
You can do this thing!  He's got you. 



Jeff Reynolds   --- 

Brother Jeff

www.jeffreynoldsministies.com
 

No comments: