Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

What is the Church? A School? A Holy Nation? An Occupying People?

-->

Do people go to Church like they go to school?


Sit in the back, analyze, evaluate and hope to be entertained? 
Like most lectures, even good ones, there can be moments of inspiration.  And no, this is not the goal of teachers.

Has the church inherited the mindset of a poor student heading into a lecture they don't really care about?

 

Do the people called by His Name carry a Kingdom of love and power and then come to church in a whole different way?


Church is expectation. ??


In a school I get information, educated, and I may get some homework.
Class is on a clock and I can expect all the parameters to follow the syllabus.
Nothing extra ordinary is planned, expected, or envisioned.
The goal of educating the student and getting the required lesson accomplished is clear.  Students spend a great deal of time trying to figure out what the professor wants.  Yes, I did that as well in college and beyond.  We all want a good grade right?
So who is the professor of a church that is more like a school than an expression of the Kingdom of God?


Church is about what Jesus wants? 
He's the Head and is building it, right? 
Hebrides Revival crowd 


In a school we can bide the time.  Hang out. 
We can even sleep.  As long as we get the right info for the test we will be fine.  I'm sure we can find something much more entertaining and interesting on YouTube if we miss this one, we say to ourselves.  We only need the information for the test. Then we can let it go.  Forget about it.  If we have all the information we need, we reasons, we don't really need to be in church either. 


The church is an ambassadorial family.  People who carry a Kingdom. 


In a School I get graded on my aptitude in the knowledge handed out. 
Evaluated on my performance of the curriculum and my ability to spit back the vital information, I can engage based on my student skill set.  Just enough to make the mark I desire.
Is Jesus God?  Answer, yes.  Is Jesus the Son of God. Answer, yes.  Are you saved? Answer, yes.  Do you believe these 10 items?  Answer, yes.
Does your life reflect a vibrant faith, hope and love and the signs of the Kingdom?  Answer, uh.....


In the Church of the Kingdom I get evaluated on how I steward the grace and gifts I've been given by the Lord.   



In a school I can miss, barely participate and just get by for the grade if I have enough mental ability.  I can learn what is required and give that much.  Get an A and not even express my full potential.  It really doesn't have much to do with what I do after I finish the homework either.  It is information not vital life transformation.  


In the Church of the Kingdom my worship is in Spirit and Truth. 


Love as worship is doing the Father's will for the sake of the world.   This kind of love is easily read by all.  It is tangible and real in the world.  There is little room for just getting by.  Anyway, my evaluation of my own performance is not sufficient .  Jesus is the one who will measure my worship and stewardship at the white throne.   The test is how it played out in my life as an obedient servant.  All the information cards and lists will have no effect on that day. 

In the Kingdom of God the church is not just a school, or a beautiful field to lay down and rest in, or a place where people find Jesus, or a place where we only pray.  It is so many things at once.  The fivefold ministry reflects a manifold expression of the face of the Lord in.....

Evangelism
Pastoral / Shepherds
Teachers
Prophets and Apostles

In a Kingdom Church I get encountered by love, worship, a life in grace and a family rooted and established in Jesus.  In a really blessed environment there will be teachers and evangelists, pastors and apostles, prophets and shepherds.  The combination and faces of the Lord can meet the needs of the Bride and encourage, strengthening and comfort with power in love.  


The Kingdom of God is activated in faith, driven forward through challenge and opposition in hope and ultimately produces the fruit of love.   We need the teacher.  But we need so much more to walk in the fulness of Jesus Christ and reflect his glory and power in a broken world. 

What do you think?
This may have stirred up some thoughts in you?

Share em.

Thanks.

Visit my page at www.jeffreynoldsministries.com for more teaching and blogs on this subject and more. 
  
  
Comments?  Ideas? Testimonies?  
Send those to me.  
Thanks for +1's and re-shares. 



Other posts that may interest you:

1.http://jeffreynoldsonedesire.blogspot.com/2015/01/7-things-enemy-devil-doesnt-want-you-to.html
 





Thanks for reading. 
The dialogue is awesome.  Thank you.
Testimonies?  Share em with me.  
Re-Shares lov em.  Thank you!

With much love in Jesus

You can do this thing!  He's got you. 




Jeff Reynolds   ---

Brother Jeff




No comments: