Search This Blog

Saturday, April 5, 2014

So, Why Do I Write About the Jezebel spirit?

I woke up at 3 o'clock in the morning somewhat disturbed.   The emotions of the
We war not against flesh and blood-Bali Ooga
dream I had just awoke from, were deep.   I knew this was a divine dream as it covered important and key seasons of my life and then went into new themes that were deep in my heart.   From black and white in the first half of the dream, it moved into technicolor with a turn of my head.  I was looking into what appeared to be themes of my calling.   In particular it focused on the fivefold and on the heart of worship, or more closely, the restoration of worship in the Church through the confrontation and defeat of the Jezebel spirit.  


"But I have this against you, 
that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, 
who calls herself a prophetess 
and is teaching and seducing my servants....."  
Jesus - Rev 2:20



Here is how the future dream came about.  

One evening about 15 months ago, I was watching PBS.  My son Luke calls it Old people's broadcasting service.   He could be right.  There was a show on Nova about dreams.  The show stirred me and reminded me of all the dreams that I had been having.   After the show I went to up to bed and before turning off the light I asked the Holy Spirit to "show me my future in a dream".   Regularly, I spend time with the Lord before bed, reading the word, reading my journal, listening to the Spirit and praying prior to sleeping asking for the Spirit to speak to me as I sleep. 

Over the past 28 months I've had more divine dreams than all the years combined that I have known the Lord (36 yrs).  Some of the dreams are extensive.  Waking in the night directly after these dreams, all of which occur at or around 3 p.m. I find myself compelled to get up and record every detail.   Wide awake in the middle of the night, there is a still in the air, a quiet that further sinks the dreams into my mind and heart.   Dreams and vision communications are throughout the New Testament.  The first four chapters of Matthew show the divine family finding their way through angels and dreams. 

Deeper behind the scenes.  Dreams, visions, heavenly encounters.

A prophetic voice spoke over our fellowship and our region in November 2011.  They spoke that the "fountains of the deep' would be broken up.  That people would dream in technicolor and that dreaming in the Lord would be multiplied.   They also spoke about meeting the Lord at 3 am.   The number of encounters in the night, at 3 am, are to numerous to recall.   I have only been able to keep track by recording things in my journals.   

Jeremiah 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you and I will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known."  

  It fascinates me how the Spirit can speak through dreams.  
They touch on so many things at once 
and create a treasure chest for the hungry 
to seek out the meaning and message. 

"When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”



Our environment has been alive with the Spirit encouraging and building up a new understanding of righteousness and of the Lord Jesus.   Our hearts are being enlightened in the continuous flow of worship in power and revelation.  It has been amazing to be part of.  

When the crux of what the Spirit is seeking to establish is a new righteousness, worship comes up as the first place love, connection and revelation.

 As we drift farther from revelation the first love fires of the heart are the first to go.   Sin destroys connection if unchecked.  Offense destroys passion.   Wounds in our hearts become doorways for healing or oppression.   They call us to action in the Spirit.  They touch on what needs healing and our pathways of freedom begin in those victories.  


 
The dreams I've had point me to an encounter.  
Worship in Spirit and Truth is shinning brightly in some place but the masses do not appear captivated by the Lord.  We most likely are captivated by age old sensual powers.   The whole realm of prophecy, spiritual insight and the realms of the Spirit can easily float out and into the distortions of the age.   Discernment is critical.  Love is even more important.   


1Co 14:1
"Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy."
One of the key things the enemy will seek to destroy is the prophetic nature of the church and the powerful leading of the Holy Spirit in the spirit of prophecy in worship.   Worship is in the spirit of prophecy, as it is a Spirit and Truth agreement with heaven about the nature and person of the Lord Jesus.  It is about welcoming Him (Ps 24) as he is.  It is a first truth.   

The Jezebel spirit focuses on destroying all things of Spirit and Truth in worship, soul and mind.  These are the realms in which it lives, breathes, and cunningly seeks to destroy.  These are the realms of sensuality (body and soul - Arts) of sexuality (passion and glory- worship and prophecy) of purity (soul freedom and harmony) and power (sacrifice and love). 

I have lost many battles with the Jezebel spirit.  I have warred on all fronts, in business, in worship, in Kingdom leadership, in personal purity and holiness.   I have failed to grasp the wide river of destruction plowing through our country and the real devastation that flows in the wake of this vile spirit.  Maybe you have as well?

Through the leading of the Holy Spirit, I have become aware of the implications and devastating nature of these powers and principalities.    I see the deep connection of worship to the realms this Jezebel spirit seeks to disrupt and destroy.   Our pathway is not condemnation.  It is deliverance, freedom, joy and laughter.   

We are invited to freedom and pathways of grace that puts a smile on our hearts, minds, soul and spirit.    


Final thought. 
Jesus could have addressed many things to the church in the prophetic writing of John the Apostle in Revelation.   These are Jesus' words.  In fact the last written and spoken words of Jesus in the Scriptures as the books lay out.  He chose to address the Jezebel spirit with some very stern consequences.   The Cross of Christ, the Resurrection and Ascension of Jesus represent the most significant and far reaching spiritual battle ever entered on planet earth.  All others pale in comparison.  Jesus won back Spirit and Truth worship and perfect love with the Father....for you and me.   I believe his "eyes of fire" are directly related to his righteousness and holiness and that they set up the real and ongoing encounter of freeing captives and prisoners from the Jezebel captivity.  There are far reaching consequences to "tolerating" the Jezebel spirit.   Time is up.  If we want significant breakthrough for the average everyday believer the battle ground is clearly in these realms.   

What do you think?   


 Thanks for reading.
Jeff Reynolds, Sr. Leader
Capstone Christian Fellowship
jreynolds@mycapstone.org
www.mycapstone.org
www.jeffreynoldsministries.com - more on apostolic reformation, fivefold ministry, stories of healings....

Comments?  Ideas?   

Thanks again. 


No comments: